Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Facing FACEBOOK

In order to mingle with the younger generation of today, you should:

1. go to a dance club, ingest some alcohol and flirt with the barman (please see previous posts on the subject).

2. open a facebook profile…

About a week ago, Sharonnie (my friend and young colleague) asked me whether I already had a "profile in facebook"… [one of the things I have learned since working with younger people is NOT to reveal my ignorance] so I said – "I think I have heard about it, could you please tell me more … "

So then and there, she showed me this new social application and designated me as "her friend", the application, on the other hand, announced a whole bunch of people that: DAPHNE AND SHARONNIE ARE NOW FRIENDS…

Imagine, what an announcement… I was moved… a new virtual friend and also… the whole world knowing about it… geeeeeee

So since then, I have not been able to:
write a new post/watch TV/take care of my domestic chores/walk with my doggie/prepare food for my boys/talk to my husband ;

on the other hand I have been:
feeding the virtual aquarium of my cousin at Boston/ planting flowers on my cousin's [virtual] garden/inviting my friends to cocktails / taking quizzes about "what kind of Disney princess am I" [by the way: I AM BELLE]/finding out that my boss cooked a Chinese dinner on Friday [sorry, Eedo, it was written on your status… ] etc…

Zohar, my wise colleague at work, told me today that "there are pills prescriptions for people who have these kind of disorders [actually, I think my husband will have a common subject to discuss with him… ]

No comments: