Sunday, December 2, 2007

Some linguistic clarifications about herpes…

This blog is read also overseas by my wonderful and sexiest cousin (whom I call "primita" ). By the way, primita, I wish you, together with my blog readers, a speedy recovery from your back lesion!

Sooo, my primita is a professional reporter and editor (besides, it seems she has some experience kissing strangers…) and she made some linguistic comments:

While in Israel we designate as "herpes" both oral and genital herpes, at the US they refer to the oral disease as "cold sores"…

This is the actual scenario (say if you are having fun in a club or pub):

"Excuse me dear stranger/ exciting lady, but I cannot kiss you because I have a cold sore" that's the token, seeee : "excuse me, but I have cold sores" (and NOT oral/labial herpes since this terminology is far too bold for our overseas kissers)….

2 comments:

daphne said...

Primita, I hope you don't mind my comments about you being sexy…

daphne said...

A wise man in the office asked me today what was the "happily married" comment all about [please see previous post on Aesop], and I told him that it's probably un unconsciousness drive to appease my dear husband who is [forced] to read this blog… (HAIMKE, there IS NO barman… )